As I mentioned so subtly here Ive decided to run another half-marathon.
This proclamation was made much to the shock of Ren Man and, quite frankly, to myself as well.
The thing is I wanna give this whole race experience another try.
(There was no way I was declining the invite, but the equation above definitely did not set this misfit up for success. I was grateful simply to have made it through the whole shebang without injury.)
And, since we’re coming clean about all of our past transgressions (because we are, arent we?), here’s where I fully admit I ran only five a handful of times before the race and never outside.
Yada yada yada Im ready to try it again so when Leah suggested we train together virtually I finally caved leaped at the chance.
She & I are still hammering out the details–but here’s where we are as of today:
- We’re running the Rock & Roll half-marathon in Las Vegas on December 5th
- I long for as many of you as possible to join me there physically but realize, unless I find us a Splenda Daddy, this may be cost prohibitive.
- You may be thinking: You crazy, Miz. Running is NOT my thing. Please to make note of the fact this race ROCKS for those who wish to walk a halfmarathon.
- More than anything I want to drag the collective you along for the ride of making December 5th a day of goal achievement. Run your own personal half-marathon on a treadmill or in your ‘hood, find a 5k race to walk or run on 12.5, focus on making December 5th the day you walk further than you ever have before—you get the idea. Join me virtually on 12.5.10 for a day of ACHIEVEMENT however you choose to define it.
- Ill be posting about my training experiences, seeking *your input* on all things running/walking/stretching/CARDIOing (here’s where you pitch yourself, People!) & generally nagging cheering you all onward as we march together toward December 5th.
- Id love for you to let me know if you’re joining me. Whether it’s literally in Vegas or virtually in any fashion. Email me, tweet me, blog about it & send me the link. In addition, for those of you on Twitter we’ve created a hashtag so you can follow each other & us as we whine our way through this whole shebang. The hashtag is #MizBooRun( which makes this blogger giggle as, if said aloud, it sounds quite close to MISERABLE RUN.)
- Lastly, there’s a reason I’m wearing a runningDRESS in the video-snippet above. Another big motivator behind VEGAS as locale is Ren Man & I plan to renew our vows that weekend (I plan to convince him it should be an all blogger/blog-readers invited event. When I share with you the deets of our FIRST wedding you’ll see why chances are he’ll agree). I have delusions of being married as I stagger across the finish line (oooh, or this?)…but we’ll see.
So that’s the plan & Id love love love for you to join me in my new found goal date of 12/05/10.
Are you in?
Ready to git to it & set a SMART goal for almost six months down the road?
Have some goal-ideas & wanna comment’versate about em?
Longing to hear more about Ren Man & my first nuptials?
Please to hit us all up in the comments.
Edited to say: For some reason the formatting is wonked (technical term) if you view this post from homepage and not comments page. Im fixing…