Wed, Jul 10, 2013
On the final day of school I, like other parents, was greeted with a STACK of papers.
It was all the “special stuff” from the year.
Drawings & creative writings which had been showcased around the building all of which Id seen when I went to volunteer—except one:
When I asked the Tornado about her seemingly RANDOM artwork she explained:
We had to draw our favorite thing and I know you love eggs and I love eggs, too. Like you.
Again, I laughed out loud.
It had only been a few weeks since we brainstormed ideas for her Dad’s birthday (whats his favorite thing!?).
When I’d asked her the question about ME to see what she’d say without missing a beat she’d responded:
And, to my lack of embarrassment, she’d be right (although really. didnt we all think she’d say SKULLS?! I did ask about that & she clarified we are a SKULL FAMILY. Skulls are our FAMILY’S favorite thing).
Ive yammered non-stop how Im an intuitive eater and, completely intuitively, my body CRAVES & thrives on the nutrition found in eggs.
What I didnt realize (foreshadowing! foreshadowing!) is how different the *quality* of the Eggland’s Best egg is.
Until I did.
Until I investigated (seriously. I WANT THE LIFE THESE CHICKENS HAVE!) and then, perhaps to their dismay, the courting began.
- I chased the brand (literally. to Fitbloggin 12).
- I pitched the brand (thankfully they have a sense of humor & laughed at the faked advertisement above).
- I waited patiently for the brand (during which time I happily, voraciously consumed the brand).
When, at long last, Eggland’s Best reached out to me & agreed to a brand partnership I was OVER THE
MOON EGG egg’cited.
I cannot wait to share with you, over the next few months, all Ive learned about WHY Eggland’s Best is my fave egg brand.
Everything from what the heck SELL BY/BEST BY dates mean to what the heck they feed those hens which results in the tasty HEALTHY eggs produced.
Today, however, I wanna give you one thought.
A tip which kept me from getting kicked out of a Guatemalan commune as I swiftly learned not everyone enjoys the aroma provided by my continuous egg hard boiling.
Oven hard-boiled Eggland’s Best eggs in three easy steps:
- Place a dozen eggs in a standard muffin tin.
- Plop said tin in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for 30 minutes (you may NOT wanna be me and do a test egg first. oven ‘heats’ may vary).
- Remove eggs from oven & sliiiide into an ice bath (this stops cooking) for 8-10 minutes.
And with that EGGcitment Im off.
Waving muffin tins & eggs cartons & pondering this as my next tattoo:
Im an EGGcellent Ambassador that way.
- Are you familiar with the Eggland’s Best brand & smitten as am I?
- When was the last time you OVEN-hard boiled your eggs?
This is a sponsored post by Eggland’s Best. The opinions, EGGcitement and love of the Tornado is all my own.